Monday 25 August 2008

Otter Nurseries - Bank Holiday Monday

The four of us went to Otter Nurseries this morning. Needless to say, I carried my camera around. I photographed a number of plants which have gone on my 'wish list' (not that I currently have space for any more plants but that's a common problem for gardeners).


Hibiscus (Allogyne huegellii)



Various Clematis




Echinacea 'Green Envy'


Osteospermum 'Weetwood'


A Chrysanthemum


Morning Glory (Ipomoea Grandpa Ott)



Whilst Pitcher Pants would not be on my wish list they are fascinating objects.


I like this Toad Lily (Trycirtis hirta) but I would not necessarily want it in my garden - not that it could cope with the temperature.


In the nursery there was a super Angel's trumpets (Datura) and the price of £19.99 seemed very reasonable.


There were some enormous, prize-winning onions and leeks on display.

No comments: